If you want to improve engagement with your audience then you need to use the best content marketing tools for WordPress.
The question though is with limited time and budget how do you get the best results?
No matter whether you are business to consumer (content marketing report pdf) or business to business (content marketing report pdf) content marketing can play a major role in your marketing mix. Clearly, both BtoC and BtoB businesses want to gain exposure to new customers and generate business: BtoB – lead generation, BtoC – customer acquisition.
The content marketing institute reports demonstrate that many small businesses are struggling with content marketing.
With many platforms like now, you can easily target what your audience is interested in, what they search for and what engages them across social media. and others, you can curate content but the problem is it is these sites that get the traffic.
What you really want is to curate content on your own website as well as produce your own content.
There are three options:
- produce your own original content.
- curate content.
- hybrid post – part curation and part original content.
Hybrid curation is a mix of pulling in good quality content and overlaying your own thoughts, expertise and building a story or narrative.
This way you add value to your audience and save time.
WHY USE CONTENT MARKETING TOOLS
First of all, let’s remember the objective of producing content.
- The number one reason is to win new business – to fuel growth
- The second is to build a community around your business – in other words:
- repeat visitors to your website
- build your email list so you can regularly contact existing and potential new customers
- people that will regularly share your content increasing brand awareness
- get backlinks to your content, therefore, improving your SEO
- Demonstrate expertise and authority to build trust with your audience
- To establish your brand personality, your difference vs competitors
As a business, you need to take control of your brand online and WordPress provides a good backbone for your online marketing.
Content is the fuel for social media
Your website is your conversion point; where you turn anonymous visitors into followers on social media, email subscribers and customers who buy from you. Part of this process is producing relevant content for both search engines (so you are found) and your audience (so they engage with your business and share your content socially).
There are two types of WordPress plugins/tools to help you achieve this:
- Content optimization tools (SEO based)
- Content curation (source and curate content)
To be effective with content marketing in WordPress you need to have a good workflow and use the best content marketing tools. In terms of WordPress, these should help you optimise your content for your target audience and help you save time and produce content easily.
Curating quality content for your niche can be a great way to build your WordPress content.
The great thing about WordPress is that it is versatile. WordPress plugins offer you the ability to customize your website and provide a ready-made tool kit to promote your business. Since blog posts rank high as a method for content marketing in the reports mentioned earlier, it makes sense to use the best content marketing tools so that your blog posts stand out from the crowd and produce results.
CONTENT MARKETING TOOLS
Blogging is an experiment. You have to try different approaches and tactics, be creative with your content marketing and measure your results and use what worked and ditch what doesn’t. Whilst you can read about best practice blogging you need to test it.
Content marketing tools though do help in the first instance by taking away some of the guesswork and help with researching keywords, identifying opportunities and even prompting you with quality content you can use in your blog posts.
WHAT THE BEST CONTENT MARKETING TOOLS CAN DO FOR YOU
- Optimise your SEO so you blog post will rank better
- Suggested content to help your write your blog post.
- Suggested images to help visually engage your audience.
- Suggested social content to embed in your blog.
- On-Page Keyword Analysis – helps you optimize your post or page based on selected keywords – your page is scored and suggestions made to improve optimization.
- Rich Snippet Enabled – add rich snippet meta data to your post so that it improves search results.
- Social SEO (OpenGraph Tags) – this feature allows you to optimize your post for how it appears on Twitter and Facebook (including Facebook meta data)
- Smart Linking – this feature helps to build the internal link structure in your website or blog. Once you’ve set your keywords Seopressor will automatically create a link to a relevant post.
- Single or Multiple Sources – you can source from multiple of single sources.
- Multimedia curation – curate images, text, videos and content from social networks.
- Content Layout – flexible styling of content.
- Tag management – tag discovery and saved tags module.
- Link discovery – finds all links within each source you load into the visual editor so that you can find more relevant content to curate.
SUMMARY OF BEST CONTENT MARKETING TOOLS FOR WORDPRESS
Optimizing blog posts for SEO is only one half of the battle when producing content. Ultimately your content has to be targeted, relevant and of value to your audience.
Small businesses often struggle with time to produce original content so curating content can be a valuable way of improving how you meet the demands of producing content regularly.
The best content marketing tools for WordPress represent different options that you can try on your blog.