Liking Brands On Facebook
Lab42 researched the value of a Like by conducting a survey of a 1000 social media users to discover. They found out how liking a brand influences the consumer experience. See below for the full results.
For those that simply like the figures:
- 87% of people on Facebook like brands.
- 82% think it Facebook is a good place to interact with Brands.
- 35% feel brands listen to them on Facebook.
- 75% feel more connected to the brand on Facebook.
- 69% have liked a brand because a friend did.
- 50% think the brands Facebook page is more useful than their website.
- Biggest motivator for liking a brand (34%) promotions and/or discounts.
- Top way people interact with brands on Facebook is by printing off coupons.
- 77% of peoploe have saved money as a result of liking a brand on Facebook.
- 46% have liked a brand but have no intention of buying it – (this may include Ferrari then!
- 73% of people have unliked a brand because brand posted too frequently.
- 22% have been too embarassed to like a brand – e.g. sex toys, diet/weight loss and health/wellness.
- Top reason people don’t like brands on Facebook – they clutter my newsfeed.
click to enlarge
Infographic courtesy of