These Influencer Marketing Statistics demonstrate the remarkable change in how brands engage with both influencers and their audiences.
Channel Influencer Marketing Stats
- 82% of marketers state that their company is currently advertising on Facebook – source: Relatable
- 7 of 10 marketers agree that their Facebook Ads are getting increasingly expensive – source: Relatable
- Instagram influencer marketing grew by nearly 40% in 2018 – source Klear
- There are more than 558k influencers on Instagram who have more than 15k followers – source Influencer DB
- 64% of consumers said they prefer watching videos when interacting with influencer content – source Rakuten
- Facebook (89%), LinkedIn (81%), and Twitter (75%) are the three most used social media channels by B2B marketers – source: Blue Corona
Brands & Influencer Marketing Statistics
Influencer marketing will grow at an
exponential rate (projected at almost 40% annual
growth for the next five years – Altimeter Report
- 63% of brands plan to increase their budget for influencer marketing.
- 57% of companies already have an influencer marketing programme underway – source: Fashion Monitor
- 28% of companies consider influencer marketing to be the fastest-growing online customer-acquisition channel – Source IM Hub
- Only 3% of the surveyed companies rated affiliate marketing as their fastest-growing channel – Source IM Hub
- 71% of marketers are aware of the FTC guidelines regarding Influencer Marketing.
- 92% of marketers who tried influencer marketing found it to be an effective channel – Source: Linqia
- 72.5% of marketers think they work with the right influencers – source – Relatable
- 47% of brands have a dedicated team for influencer marketing – source Relatable
- 94% of marketers think that ‘transparency and authenticity are key to influencer marketing success
- 42% of marketers find the question of fake followers and bots as their main concern in influencer marketing.
- Engagement is the most popular metric (90%), with clicks (59%), impressions (55%), conversions (54%), and reach (50%) following – source Linqia
- 63% Intend to Increase Their Influencer Marketing Budget Over the Next Year
- 30% of brands are running monthly Influencer Marketing campaigns – source: Relatable
- The average brand budgets 32% of its influencer spend in the First Quarter – source IM Hub
- 36% of marketers report there biggest challenge is finding suitable influencers willing to participate. – source: IM Hub
Consumers and Influencer Marketing
- 30% would buy a product endorsed by a non-celebrity influencer – source Collective Bias.
- Marketing induced consumer-to-consumer word of mouth generates 23% of internet visitors have already seen an influencer video with a product placement
- 14- to 29-year-old age group, 60% have already visited an influencer’s YouTube channel
- Engagement from micro-influencers is 60% higher than that of a traditional celebrity – source: Adweek
- 92% of consumers trust online word-of-mouth recommendations, while only 33% of them trust online banner ads – Nielsen.
- 61% of consumers interact with an influencer at least once a day – source Rakuten
- 56% of women follow beauty influencers – source Rakuten
- 80% of consumers made a purchase recommended by an influencer by clicking on the link or image – source Rakuten
- For 37% of consumers, authenticity is the most important thing about sponsored posts – source: IM Hub
- Influencers get an average engagement rate of 5.7%, about double the engagement rate (203%) that brands were typically seeing for their own content – source BI Intelligence
Budgets and ROI for Influencer Marketing
- For every $1 spent on influencer marketing, businesses are making $7.65 in earned media value – source IM Hub.
- By 2020, influencer marketing is projected to become a $10 billion industry – source: Media Kix
- Business Insider Intelligence has estimated that the industry will reach $5 to $10 billion by 2022.
- 79% of brands will dedicate a budget to influencer marketing in 2019 – source: Relatable
Other Influencer Marketing Statistics
- Over the past three years, Google searches for “influencer marketing” grew by 1,500%.
- 37.3% of marketers are not sure how to set goals and consequently track/measure and understand results – source: Relatable
- Four in five Instagram influencers are female – source Warc
- Instagram has approximately 500,000 influencers
- More than 70% of the influencers believe that partnering with brands help them gain bragging rights and made them more authentic since a brand believed in them.
- 92% of marketers in India are expected to launch at least one influencer campaign – source Warc
- 45% of influencers receive approximately four proposals for campaigns every month – Source: Smart Solution 247
Influencer Marketing Definitions
- Nano-influencers – social media users with 1,000–10,000 followers
- Micro-Influencers – those with 10,000–50,000 followers
- Mid-tier Influencers – social media personalities with 50,000–100,000 followers
- Macro-Influencers – established influencers who boast 500,000 1,000,000 social media followers
- Mega-influencers – social media powerhouses, close to the status of celebrities with 1,000,000-5,000,000 followers
- Celebrities – personalities with over 5,000,000 followers