What happens in an internet minute in 2019. There are big jumps in terms of the numbers. As an example, you can see a large increase in the Netflix views. Have a look at the numbers and then you can see how they have evolved over the last few years.
What Happens In An Internet Minute 2019
An internet minute in 2018 is an astonishing insight into how much time we now spend online.
Comparing 2019 To 2018
AN INTERNET MINUTE IN 2018
Today’s infographic is from Lori Lewis and Chadd Callahan of Cumulus Media, and it shows the activity taking place on various platforms such as Facebook or Google in each 60 second span.
Time feels real to people. But it doesn’t even exist, according to quantum physics. “There is no time variable in the fundamental equations that describe the world,” says theoretical physicist Carlo Rovelli.
JUST AN INTERNET MINUTE 2018
The numbers for these services are so enormous that they can only be shown using the 60 second time scale.
Any bigger, and our brains can’t even process these massive quantities in any useful capacity. Here are just a few key numbers scaled to a monthly basis, for fun:
- 42,033,600,000 Facebook logins
- 159,840,000,000 Google searches
- 1,641,600,000,000 WhatsApp messages sent
- 8,078,400,000,000 emails sent
On an annualized basis, the data becomes even more ridiculous, with something close to 100 trillion emails sent. (No wonder it’s so hard to get to inbox zero!)
If the internet minute visualization looks familiar, that’s because it gets updated and re-released every year using the latest data available. See below for a direct comparison of the last two years:
The biggest and most noticeable jump comes in Netflix hours watched – a number which we believe may be too good to be true. While we have not seen the exact methodology of these calculations, we do know that in December it was announced by Netflix that users were watching approximately 140 million hours per day. This works out to roughly 100,000 hours per minute according to our math, which is still mind-boggling.
Some of the Mazing Statistics from The Internet Minute 2016
Here are the full stats on what happens every internet minute:
- 701,389 logins on Facebook
- 69,444 hours watched on Netflix
- 150 million emails sent
- 1,389 Uber rides
- 527,760 photos shared on Snapchat
- 51,000 app downloads on Apple’s App Store
- $203,596 in sales on Amazon.com
- 120+ new Linkedin accounts
- 347,222 tweets on Twitter
- 28,194 new posts to Instagram
- 38,052 hours of music listened to on Spotify
- 1.04 million vine loops
- 2.4 million search queries on Google
- 972,222 Tinder swipes
- 2.78 million video views on Youtube
- 20.8 million messages on WhatsApp