Namelix is a very impressive name generator tool for business names.
Table of Contents
WHAT IS NAMELIX
With billions of registered domain names out there, you need more than keywords and a dictionary to find a standout brand name.
There are a bunch of domain name generators out there. To get a good result using domain name generators alongside manual methods.
1. WHY USE NAMELIX
A domain name generator works with your keywords to find available domains that match up.
In the early days, domain name generators simply mash words together with techniques like string concatenation.
Essentially this means taking a keyword and adding other words to it in the form of prefixes and suffixes.
In the early days of the web, this was a reliable method, but with over 1,689,523,428 registered domain names, this method is outdated.
The next generation involved the use of multiple APIs and custom rules and exclusions to create sophisticated algorithms for creative, and consistent domain names.
2. HOW TO GENERATE AN ORIGINAL BRAND NAME
- The domain name should be short – and we’ll set 8 letters as the optimum number with some give or take (say 6-14). The best examples like “Facebook”, “Google”, “Microsoft”, “CodeinWP” all circle the magic 8.
- Let’s make it easy to pronounce and spell so people have a more favourable association with it.
- No hyphens and no numbers unless highly relevant. Numbers especially can be difficult because potential visitors might not know whether to use the number or the written word. Hyphens can be associated with spam domains.
- Do you choose a name that matches what you do? Some people choose a name that matches the site topic right in the name. There are pros and cons to whether you choose a unique name of one that fits the topic.
- Be unique and brandable but check you do not violate any existing trademarks. You will need to do market research to confirm you are safe.
- Be memorable and catchy, this is particularly important for bloggers looking to monetize their content.
3. ALTERNATIVES TO NAMELIX
Deciding on your brand name is a big deal
You may want to take a look at other platforms that can help spark some ideas to develop your brand name.
Here is a list of some alternatives:
4. NEXT STEPS DECIDING ON YOUR CHANNELS
You need to brand your social media channels. However, you’re not going to use all of them and it also takes time.
When you are starting out in business the one thing you have to do is be productive. Take a look at my list of best productivity tools to help you stay on track and organized.
I’ve written about the top social media sites and which what to consider when choosing them for your brand.
Choose the channels that fit the demographics of your target audience and have high engagement rates.
If you want to brand your social media channels then save time by using a tool like Canva. Canva has loads of pre-built templates and also a library of stock photos. Canva has all the main social media sites templates all ready to use with the correct dimensions. No design skills needed.
Namelix is a Business Name Generator. Generate a short, brandable business name using artificial intelligence.