These mobile marketing infographics show the megatrends that are affecting marketers around the globe. From social media to eCommerce mobile marketing is now the dominate strategy for customer growth.
Mobile Marketing Statistics
- Mobile data traffic around the world is projected to increase by 700% between 2016 and 2021.
- 80% of internet users own a smartphone.
- There are over 4B unique mobile internet users in the world.
- More than 60% of B2B buyers report that mobile played a significant role in a recent purchase.
- 70% of B2B buyers increased mobile usage over the past years; 60% expect their mobile usage to increase.
Mobile Advertising Statistics
Mobile Set To Outpace Desktop Ad Spending By 2022.
Which Countries Are Mobile First?
How Different Countries Use Mobile
How much time do consumers spend using mobile media?
Mobile App Usage
- apps have steadily been climbing. In 2017 alone, there were 178 billion app downloads . 194 billion app downloads in 2018.
- out there. At the time of writing, there are currently 2.2 million apps available on the Apple store alone.
- WhatsApp was again the most downloaded app in Q3 2019 with close to 184 million first-time installs.
- TikTok was the most downloaded app globally on Apple’s App Store 3Q19 with close to 37 million installs, followed by YouTube, Instagram, WhatsApp, and Google Maps. See social media statistics.
- 18 to 24-year-olds spent 66% of their digital media time using smartphone apps.
- All these things are accomplished through apps and, not surprisingly, 87% of smartphone users spend their time in apps.
eCommerce Mobile Statistics
- 77% of American’s own a smartphone.
- Over 230 million U.S. consumers own smartphones.
- Around 100 million U.S. consumers own tablets.
- 79% of smartphone users have made a purchase online using their mobile device in the last 6 months.
- Almost 40% of all eCommerce purchases during the 2018 holiday season were made on a smartphone.
- eCommerce dollars now comprise 10% of ALL retail revenue.
- 80% of shoppers used a mobile phone inside of a physical store to either look up product reviews, compare prices or find alternative store locations.
- An estimated 10 billion mobile-connected devices are currently in use.
Mobile Commerce Infographic
Starting with a quick recap of the current mCommerce statistics and trends.
- 49% of consumers shop via smartphones worldwide.
- 10.21% of smartphone users add items to their carts via mobile in comparison to 11.63% of them still relying on desktop applications.
- On further categorizing, it has been found that iOS brings more conversions than Android with values 2.11% and 1.81% respectively.
- The total mCommerce transactions recorded by the end of 2019 are $2.3 trillion.
- Over 1B mobile users used coupons for shopping globally in 2019.
What Is Mobile POS – mpos Infographic
The role of the mobile point of sale is critical in contemporary shopping/purchase journey scenarios.
Ideally, an mPOS is a mobile device in the form of an iPad, Android tablet, smartphone or a single-use wireless device that can serve the purpose of stationary cash registers and conventional brick & mortar payment terminals.
These are often paired with POS hardware such as barcode scanner, credit/debit card reader and cash drawer.
The flexibility and mobility of mPOS devices deliver several business benefits including faster check-out time, quicker payment cycles, improved customer experience and a holistically effective sales operation.
Mobile POS enables organizations to simplify and fasten the financial transactions, which directly improves customer experience and service quality by reducing wait times and offering multiple cashless and contactless payment options.
On top of that, mPOS comes with opportunities facilitating inventory lookup, access to customer data, value-added services, upselling and cross-selling.
Impact of Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) on Digital Marketing Infographic
HTML, JS and cache libraries, along with some extensions, can help deliver feature-rich content like PDFs, video files, and infographics quickly. Your fast-loading pages will improve website usability, and encourage users to stay longer on your website and engage more effectively with your content. This can cut your bounce rates significantly.
How Business Use Mobile Marketing
How To Optimize Mobile Marketing Infographic
Google rolled out a new mobile-first algorithm due to the rise in mobile use. Today, 57% of Google searches occur on mobile devices as opposed to the 43% of searches occurring on desktops.
Pew Research ran a study recently to better understand current social media usage. They discovered that today, 69% of the public uses some type of social media (88% of 18 to 29-year-olds and 78% of 30 to 49-year-olds use social media). Pew also found that in 2018 77% of Americans own smartphones. Of those smartphone owners, eMarketer says that users spend 89.2% of their time on smartphones in apps.