Heap’s entire philosophy is based on providing users with a complete data set to answer ever-changing questions as your business needs evolve. Heap automatically captures every customer touchpoint. No more tracking plans, tracking code, or tags. Get answers in seconds and make decisions faster.
Web analytics tools allow you to track exactly where visitors go on your site, how long they spend on each page and how they interact with your site or app. This allows you to understand more about your potential customers and to measure, analyse and report on your traffic. Web analytics tools answer four key questions:
Table of Contents
Why Use Heap?
On web, Heap tracks every pageview, click, form submission and more without any work on your part. On mobile, Heap automatically tracks every touch, swipe, tap, and other gesture events. As a result, with Heap, you can start generating conversion funnels after a 1-minute installation.
One of the main tasks of conversion rate optimisation is to align each individual webpage with the relevant business objective. So for instance, if you have an e-commerce site you will want to set up goals that lead towards a sale, such as view a product page, add to basket, enter checkout and finally complete a sale. These interactions need to be tracked and each interaction optimised.
For a blog you will be more interested in engagement metrics, such as time spent on site and number of pages viewed. Once you have defined your key metrics you can set up automated reports to monitor your conversion rates and begin to investigate any changes that occur.
The platform is loaded with powerful features, including data capture, event visualizer, user search and interactions, and marketing funnels.
Heap makes it simple for businesses to get a detailed profile of their users and track interactions. Heap offers real-time tracking of events, as well as historical based reports.
Heap Analytics provides the following features:
- Automatic capture of every user action (without any manual code).
- Automatic tracking of user events.
- Defining of active users and user segments.
- Simple and point-and-click user interface for tagging websites and mobile apps without writing any code.
- Heap offers the ability to drill down into individual users.
- All events defined in Heap are applied retroactively. If you’ve only defined a “Like Article” event today, but have had Heap installed for the past five months, then you’ll view the past five months of data on this interaction instantly.
Integrate your events and understand your customer interactions