Majestic is a powerful SEO tool that provides reliable, regularly updated data to help analyze the performance of your websites, as well as that of your competition.
It is the“largest commercially available backlink index.” Maybe the longest-running as it goes all the way back to 2011. It has a depth of backlink data you won’t find in other tools.
Majestic can also be used to quantify the number of backlinks for any given domain or URL. The platform is a perfect tool to scour for keywords and the pages and sites where they appear, including the search score of the URL.
Table of Contents
Overview of Majestic SEO
Majestic’s data and analysis can help:
- Guide your SEO efforts in order to bring in more traffic from search engines
- Track progress of what content is working (or not working)
- Analyze competitors and benchmark against them
- Find opportunities of sites to partner with or even sites to avoid
Site Explorer is the main section of the Majestic SEO tool. Here you have an overview of the most important metrics.
There are three main metrics shown in the dashboard.
- Citation Flow: a score of the number of backlinks (or citations)
- Trust Flow: the quality of backlinks essentially
- Topical Trust Flow: the significance of a site by industry. For example, Macy’s department store has a higher topical trust flow in the retail category than health.
Citation Flow is a score between 1-100 that measures the influence of a URL based on how many sites link to it. Quality of links is taken into account also. You can think of it as the link power a website carries.
Majestic SEO Trust Flow metric is a measure of the credibility and trustworthiness of a URL. It is determined by measuring the number of clicks a URL is from a set of trusted sites to a given URL, or Domain. The score is on a scale of 1-100.
Majestic’s Topical trust flow rates the influence of a website in a particular topic or category. It uses Majestic’s large-scale categorization of the websites into categories. The Topical Trust Flow score is measured on a log-based scale of 1-100.
Key features of Majestic SEO
- Site Explorer
- SEO browser extensions for Chrome and Firefox
- Trust Flow
- Bulk Backlink Checker
- Historic Index
- Raw Data Exports
- Custom Reports
- Compare Sites
- Backlink History
- Search Explorer
- Email Alerts
- Keyword Checker
Try Majestic SEO
The planet’s largest Link Index database.